Who is One Girl?
One Girl is a not-for-profit organisation that believes that every girl on the planet has the right to an education. Because when you educate a girl, she can change her world.
One Girl is on a mission to educate 1 million girls across Africa. Want to get involved? There are so many ways you can make a difference and join them in their mission.
Nelson O’Neill’s Strategy
When we first began our pro bono work with One Girl in 2014 they had an amazing social media presence but very little onsite search engine optimisation or organic traffic. They wanted to increase their search engine visibility and online donations.
They were also unaware they were eligible to receive up to $10,000 per month in Google Adwords grants for not for profit organisations.
After learning about the important work that One Girl is achieving in Africa to change the plight of girls we offered our services gladly and got to work.
- Work closely with One Girl to understand core objectives .
- Analyse the One Girl and Do It In A Dress websites to identify opportunities (website tracking, conversion rates, technical search engine optimisation, website and server performance).
- Setup detailed Google Analytics conversion and user engagement tracking and reporting for the One Girl and Do It In A Dress websites.
- Significantly improved page load times and performance of the One Girl website.
- Configure server load balancing for peak donation drive times.
- SSL certificate and integration of new donation portal.
- Empower One Girl staff to better understand the traffic and conversion impact of marketing campaigns and content creation.
- Apply and setup Google ad grant for One Girl.
- Design and execute Google Adwords campaigns to take advantage of Google’s ad grant.
- Increase brand awareness and drive additional online donations through the website via Google Adwords and improved website search engine optimisation.
Due to the continuing amazing work of the One Girl team and with the help of our website, search engine optimisation and Google Adwords strategy, visits to the One Girl website have increased from 3,000 to 12,000 per month. This has had a huge impact to online donations and user engagement around the brand.
One Girl now has access to $10,000 per month due to Google’s ad grant, increasing traffic and online donations via their website. The website performance has been massively improved over time, directly improving usability and the conversion rate of online donations.
The One Girl team now has the ability to track and measure all marketing strategies. The ability to understand the impact of marketing campaigns facilities growth and builds confidence in strategies in place.
One Girl Quote
“We’re not sure how we can adequately thank you for everything you’ve done for One Girl! As a digital charity we are so reliant on SEO & SEM for people to find us and all the tracking you’ve implemented on our One Girl & Do It In A Dress websites will give us learnings that allow us to continue to grow and improve. I’ve lost track of the number of donors who have told me ‘I found One Girl through a Google search!’ We literally couldn’t do any of this without you, so thank you. You’re the best.” Larissa Ocampo – One Girl Communications Manager