22 March, 2021
IOS 14 Facebook Advertising Impact
Apple’s recently announced update will affect how Facebook is able to track conversion events using Facebook Pixel. This means Apple users will now need to “opt-in” to Facebook tracking.
As more people, opt-out of tracking on IOS 14 devices, ads personalisation and performance reporting will be limited for both app and web conversion events on devices with IOS 14.
So what does this IOS update likely mean for your Facebook Ads?
Audience sizes may decrease due to less IOS users who will likely opt-out of being tracked.
Some campaign results will be counted differently as attribution windows will change, reporting delays will no longer be in real-time and less support for breaking downs of campaign conversions (e.g. age, gender, region, placement).
You will only be able to track eight key conversion events.
What can you do?
- Be sure to double-check your domain is verified
- Make sure you have eight key conversion events (and remove or aggregate the rest)
– For E-Commerce businesses if you optimise your purchase conversion event it will take up four event actions meaning you can only choose eight key conversion events rather than eight
- Make sure your automated rules are compliant with the new changes
- Ensure you have Facebook UTM tracking
- Explore inputting Facebook conversion figures into Google Analytics
- Consider breaking out your campaigns into IOS and Android to increase visibility over what you can track in your Android campaigns
Like with any IOS update being implemented, we will always help our clients adjust to make the transition as smooth as possible!